The Dignity Festival is a day of fitness and community to honor World Refugee Day.
Admission Includes -->
5k Race // 1 Mile Fun Run // Yoga w/ live DJ + sound eliminating headsets presented by Sound Off Colorado // Rice Haul Relay // Kids Activities // Catered Lunch + Community Potluck // Beer Tent // Prizes + More!!
Kid’s activities throughout the day!
**NOTE: the rice haul relay is an 8-person group activity. Feel free to recruit & bring your own team or we'll match you up with one day of! This event is included in the general ticket! **
Presented by Project Worthmore and Denver Presbyterian Church, this summer event honors the increasingly-significant World Refugee Day, and is a chance to hang out in community and support year-round work that directly impacts the lives of Colorado refugees.
Come join us at the beautiful DeLaney Community Farm, our refugee training farm, and see what we’ve been up to the past year!
Bring your friends as we share a day of fitness and fun together, and stand up for refugees at home and across the world.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFO
Schedule of Events
7:00am / Registration Open
7:30am-8:30am / Yoga w/ Live DJ
9:00am-10:00am / 5k
10:00am-10:30am / 1 Mile Fun Run
10:30am-11:15am / Rice Haul Relay
11:15am-1:00pm / Food, Drink, Prizes + More!
We’ll have plenty to enjoy throughout the day including:
- Morning snacks and coffee - Commonwealth Coffee Roasters & City, O' City
- Lunch - Catered by local favorite City, O' City as well as international potluck from our refugee friends
- Beer - Great Divide Brewing
- Snow cones, lemonade and more - Backyard Soda Company
- Ice Cream - Little Man Ice Cream
Come with a bit of a competitive spirit, as we’ve got some amazing prizes to give throughout the day from our many partners:
- Fitness gear
- Eldorado Springs Pool passes
- Free classes at local gyms
- Gift cards to local stores
- and much more!
What To Bring
- A yoga mat (if you’re participating in morning yoga, that is)
- A water bottle (please help us cut down on the trash we produce at this event and bring a refillable water bottle - we’ll have plenty of H2O from our friends at Eldorado)
- Sunscreen/a hat/etc. (it is summer in Colorado, after all. That sun can be no joke!)
- A picnic blanket/folding chair (we’ll have some on site but feel free to bring extra if you so desire!)
- A FRIEND! There’s still time to register online, and walk ups are welcome, too. So bring a friend, a partner, a neighbor - whoever! Let’s create community and show solidarity with our refugee neighbors together!
What Not To Bring
- Your furry friends (unfortunately no animals are allowed on this historic property)
- Valuables (bring a credit card or some cash for extra goodies, but leave behind other valuables you might not need)
- Your printed ticket (We can check you in with just your name - let's save a tree!)
There is limited parking on the farm and we’ll be using that space for our various activities. There is ample free parking at the Aurora Municipal Center across the street from DeLaney (15151 E Alameda Pkwy, Aurora, CO 80012). Although the address reads as Alameda Pkwy, if you enter via the Chambers St. entrance and park in the surface lot, you will be closest to the farm. To reach the event site you will cross Chambers. Allow about 10 min to park and walk up to the farm! There will be volunteers and signage to guide you!